Bunion Prevention Therapy
Margaret Dabbs™ London Clinics are pleased to introduce an additional treatment to the renowned Foot Clinic therapy menus – Bunion Management Therapy. This exciting treatment focuses on one of most topical foot care concerns being experienced by men and women – the fear of bunions and the best way to treat and prevent them.
Using a combination of holistic and traditional medicine, treatment is undertaken to prevent and halt the deterioration of big toe joint.
This is suitable for those patients who:
- live in fear but are yet to develop a full bunion joint,
- for those that have a family history of bunions,
- those that have a normal appearance but experience a painful stiff joint,
- as well as those who have either the visible appearance of the bunion,
- or inflammation of the joint and pain
- secondary disturbances of the area including callus build up on the underside of the foot, or from an associated hammer toe.
Margaret Dabbs London Bunion Management Therapy embraces a combination treatment approach, with the aim of managing life with your bunions. This means that our podiatrists will see you in consultation and then design a bespoke treatment plan that runs over three phases. Each phase will have different treatment options to optimise the right therapeutic approach to suit you as an individual. Each phase of treatment will be centred around you, a strong patient practitioner relationship and a future orientated thinking when it comes to the health of your feet and ongoing management of your bunions. It is particularly suitable for people experiencing pain and inflammation of the bunion joint, and those experiencing a rigidus of the hallux (big toe) We work to increase the range of motion of the joint and to reduce inflammation. It is helpful as a pre-operative package to ensure your feet are in the best condition they can be pre surgical treatment and is suitable for those who have a familial predisposition to inheriting a bunion.
Post bunion treatment is offered to aid a speedy recovery and help to reduce inflammation of the joint and wound.
To book an initial bunion consultation or for further information contact one of the Margaret Dabbs London Clinics.
Medical Pedicure with a fully qualified Podiatrist 45 minutes | £90 (London) | £85 (Excl. London)
With a Senior Podiatrist | £105 (London) | £100 (Excl. London)
With a Principal Podiatrist | £140 (London) | £130 (Excl. London)
Bunion Consultation with Foot Surgeon 30 minutes | £130.00
Bunion Prevention Therapy with a fully qualified Podiatrist 45 minutes £90 (London) | £85 (Excl. London)
With Senior Podiatrist £105 (London) | £100 (Excl. London)
With Principal Podiatrist | £140 (London) | £130 (Excl. London)
A bunion is a structural foot deformity characterized by deviation of the great toe. Tissues surrounding the joint often become swollen and tender. Bunions are a common problem and frequently cause foot pain and difficulty wearing shoes.
Pain associated with a bunion can decrease without having to go through surgery. At Margaret Dabbs we offer a range of highly successful treatments, these include:
- Acupuncture: This helps to relieve pain, techniques are thought to open the energy pathways which promote the body’s natural healing powers.
- Foot Manipulation: This eases the strain and pain of bunions, and also improves the range of movement at the joint.
- Exercises: As part of the treatment therapy.
- Insoles: Insoles can help decrease pain around a bunion by improving the structural integrity of ligaments and muscles, foot motion is controlled without movement being restricted. Insoles help to accommodate a bunion while you walk.
- Accommodative Toe Props: Our silicone product range can give instant relief for painful bunions by reducing the irritation with other toes and absorbing pressure which can prevent the joint rubbing against the shoe.
- Removal of Hard Skin and Corns: These frequently develop around the joint.
- Night Splints: Night splints help to correct a bunion while you sleep.
- Emu Oil: Our products contain Emu Oil which has been proven to reduce inflammation and swelling around joints.
- Bunion Support: This Helps to alleviate pressure on the big toe joint by supporting the big toe and encouraging normal alignment.
It is possible, but not always. After a treatment you might experience some swelling or stiffness; this is due to altering the current positioning of your bunion to encourage flexibility.
After an initial consultation with a qualified Podiatrist, we will design a specially tailored bunion treatment regime that will include selected elements of the treatment options detailed above. To book an initial bunion consultation or for further information contact one of our Margaret Dabbs Clinics.