Athlete’s foot is a fungal skin infection that people who experience excessive sweating of the feet often experience. It can be hygiene related and is more likely to occur in people who spend long periods of time in closed-in shoes, giving warm moist conditions inside the shoes in which bacterial and fungal infections thrive. Hyperhidrosis refers to excess sweating of the feet, and bromhidrosis refers to odour. Common symptoms of an athlete’s foot are broken and scaly skin, especially between the toes, itching, blistering, sweaty feet, and sometimes odour. Athlete’s foot can affect one or both feet and can flare up from time to time. It can give a burning, itchy sensation to the skin or it can be pain-free and just unsightly.
How to Treat Athlete’s Foot
Follow these simple steps at home and you will see immediate results, and by the morning following your first home treatment, you will see and feel an enormous difference.
- If there is a callus, hard, or dry scaly skin on the feet, remove this with the Professional Foot File first. Always do this when the feet are dry and before you bathe.
- Wet the feet and apply the Exfoliating Foot Scrub first to the bottom of the feet rubbing the scrub into the affected skin, next dip your hand in the water and take the scrub up between the toes and over the nails. Do this for about 3 minutes per foot. Rinse off and dry the feet carefully with a clean towel including between the toes. If necessary use a hairdryer to ensure the feet are completely dry, especially between the toes.
- Apply the Foot Hygiene Cream before you go to bed. Warm this in your hands and apply it all over the feet and nails and wear flip-flops or a loose pair of socks if you can’t keep your feet up.
- Use the Soothing Foot Powder in the morning before you put on your socks if you are prone to sweaty feet or odour and to help reduce itchiness.
- Continue with the Professional Foot File once a week, and the Exfoliating Foot Scrub 2-3 times a week but after 14 days, you can use the Intensive Hydrating Foot Lotion every day and keep the Hygiene Cream for use when you have a flare-up of symptoms.
Cleanse and Protect Your Footwear
Shoe & Insole Cleansing Spray 100ml will kill bacteria and neutralise odour.