A bunion is a deformity of the bone at the base of the big toe, causing a deviation of the big toe and a bony lump to appear on the outside of the foot. It can be caused by a number of factors, including ill-fitting footwear, overly flexible joints, or a family history of the condition. It can cause discomfort, swelling and pain around the joint which can get worse if left untreated.
The Margaret Dabbs London Bunion Support helps to alleviate the pressure on the big toe joint by supporting the big toe and encouraging re-alignment of the joint and helping to slow the development of the bunion. When worn periodically, discomfort is reduced and confidence restored.
- Place reinforced splint on side of foot and big toe directly over the short strap. Fold the short strap over the big toe in the direction of the remaining toes and pull velcro strap around the big toe and onto the aid
- Wrap the remaining part of the aid across the foot and attach the velcro straps
- Ensure all straps are secure. Adapt the aid into position as required
- The support can be worn on a bare foot at times of relaxation to encourage the big toe joint to realign to the correct position. It should be worn initially for shorter periods of time, and the period of use built up; it should be fixed to remain comfortable and as the toe gets used to the support it can be tightened further to encourage joint mobility and normal alignment.
- Helps to alleviate pressure on the big toe joint by supporting the big toe
- Encourages normal alignment
- Slows the deterioration of the development of the bunion
Dot not use on broken skin. Do not over tighten. Wear the Bunion Support initially for short periods of time and build up the period of use of the aid. Discontinue if the aid causes discomfort. Seek the advice of your foot specialist if you have concerns.
We offer 3-5 working days standard and next working day deliveries to UK Mainland, Ireland and Channel Islands.
For international postage, we deliver to Europe, United States, Canada and Australia. Find out more>>
At Margaret Dabbs London we are really proud of our products, and we hope that you are delighted with your order. However, if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied, you may return any item in its original condition for a full refund within 14 working days of delivery. The cost of the return is payable by the customer.
Please ensure that the package is wrapped securely and for your protection we recommend that you use a recorded delivery service and retain your proof of postage as we cannot accept liability for goods lost in transit.
Please contact our customer services team on +44 207 486 9273 before any return is made so we can make sure our warehouse are aware of its arrival and therefore will minimise the time for a refund. Find out more >
Suitable for those with painful bunions, those at risk of developing a bunion, or those who are concerned about bunions, the Margaret Dabbs London Bunion Support alleviates pain and discomfort in the bunion joint.
- Helps to re-align the big toe into the correct position and encourages normal alignment
- Helps to slow the deterioration of the bunion joint and to keep the joint mobile.
- Helps to alleviate the pressure from the deviated big toe and supports the fore foot.