Top Tips For Summer Feet
Summer is finally here! With the arrival of the warm weather, it is time to swap our winter boots for our summer sandals.
Even if you have been working on transforming your feet ahead of sandal season, do you know how to treat your feet when the heat really gets turned up? Margaret Dabbs London products do not only transform the way your feet look, but also help to relieve any discomfort, swelling and puffiness caused by the heat.
Read our top tips on how to soothe your feet in the summer heat:
1. Keep your feet out of the heat
Let’s start with the simplest tip: Try and keep out of the heat if you are prone to swollen legs and ankles. Of course, that’s not always going to be possible, so if you’ve been exposed to high temperatures or a lot of sunshine, the first step is to cool down your feet.
2. Cool down your feet
The Margaret Dabbs London Foot Cooling & Cleansing Spray is a summer foot-care essential. It helps to immediately relieve tired, hot, puffy and aching feet from the first use, and is formulated with anti-bacterial properties to protect the feet, and leave them feeling fresh.
Use the Margaret Dabbs London Foot Cleansing Wipes to keep your feet cool. These work to bring down the body temperature as well as removing the sweat and odour from the feet. Scented with Lemon Myrtle and formulated with Witch Hazel to refresh and revive the feet.
3. Don’t Sweat It
Don’t cover up sweaty feet, as this encourages the growth of bacterial and fungal foot conditions.
- It is much better to wear open shoes if you are prone to sweaty feet and odour.
- Use the Margaret Dabbs London Soothing Foot Powder every day to keep feet fresh and odour-free. The fine silky powder will help to stop blisters appearing as well as helping to treat bacterial and fungal infections.
- Try a fresh mint foot bath at home. Simply take a couple of handfuls of mint sprigs and add cool water to the mint in the foot bowl. This will bring out the scent and preserve the antioxidants. Then add tepid water and bathe the feet for 15-20 minutes.
4. Hydration, Hydration, Hydration
Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated. This helps to promote healthy circulation, as well as joint and muscle function, regulates body temperature, cleanses the body and prevents infections.
It is equally important to hydrate the skin of the feet. The Margaret Dabbs London Intensive Hydrating Foot Lotion immediately absorbs, moisturises and treats the skin of the feet, leaving them fresh, soft, silky, and illuminated. As well as hydrating the skin, the foot lotion has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits: it helps to relieve joint & bone inflammation, soothes tired, aching feet, and to prevent against other common foot complaints. Use this daily to create that incredible ‘walking on air’ experience while treating the feet.
5. Keep it Moving
Exercise will help with circulation and the return of the blood (which amalgamates in the feet and ankles) to the heart.
- Moving around regularly helps to reduce fluid build-up.
- Elevating the legs also helps to disperse fluid build-up.