Symptoms of Athlete's Foot:
- Broken skin, which often has an underlying “redness” to the skin.
- Broken skin between the toes.
- Broken skin under the foot which can spread up the sides of the foot.
- Scaly skin.
- Often itchiness and blistering.
- Can be associated with sweaty feet, and sometimes odour.
Athlete’s Foot can affect one or both feet and can flare up from time to time. It can give a burning, itchy pain to the skin or it can be pain free and just unsightly.
How to Treat Athlete's Foot:
Use the Professional Foot File once a week and the Exfoliating Foot Mousse 2-3 times a week but use the Foot Hygiene Cream every day for 14 days. Follow these steps and you will see immediate results, and by the morning following your first home treatment you will see and feel an enormous difference.
- If there is callus or hard skin on the feet remove this with the Professional Foot File first. Always do this when the feet are dry and before you bathe.
- It is important that you use the Exfoliating Foot Mousse (scrub) between the toes, over the toe nails and all over the feet as you want to remove as much of the infected skin as possible. Wet the feet and apply the scrub first to the bottom of the feet, all over the areas of callus, dip your hand in water and take the scrub up between the toes and over the nails. Do this for about 3 minutes per foot. Rinse the Foot Mousse off the feet and dry carefully with a clean towel including between the toes. A good tip is to use a hairdryer which will be extra effective for drying the skin.
- The final step is the Foot Hygiene Cream before you go to bed. Warm this in your hands and apply all over the feet and nails and wear flip flops or a loose pair of socks if you can’t keep your feet up.
- Use the Foot Powder in the morning before you put on your socks if you are prone to sweaty feet or odour and to help reduce itchiness.
Continue with the Foot File once a week, and the Exfoliating Foot Mousse 2-3 times a week but after 14 days, you should use the Intensive Hydrating Foot Lotion every day and keep the Hygiene Cream for use when you have a flare up of symptoms.
Products to Treat Athlete's Foot:
If you suffer with sweaty feet you can use the Soothing Foot Powder in your socks daily but remember to dry your feet well after the shower and use a hair dryer on the skin to dry the feet, especially if you struggle to reach between the toes.
The Foot File can be washed after each use and it comes with replacement pads so you can keep the infection away. Try to change your shoes every day as well as clean socks and throw away old trainers or shoes that will be harbouring bacteria.
All products are suitable for diabetics and through pregnancy.