Emu oil is a completely natural by-product. Valued for thousands of years by the Aborigines of Australia for its legendary healing powers, Emu Oil offers many natural qualities to help your skin feel soft, silky-smooth and rejuvenated. Emu are a protected species in Australia and are raised for their meat and after the meat process the Emu Oil is removed from just under the feathers of the bird.
Modern research studies verify Emu Oil as:
- Anti-inflammatory, with effects comparable to ibuprofen;
- Bacteriostatic, does not promote the growth of bacteria;
- Hypoallergenic, not known to cause skin irritation or have any side effects;
- Highly penetrating, non-greasy, absorbs without leaving a greasy feel;
- Non-comedogenic, does not clog pores.
Emu Oil naturally contains:
- Vitamin E, a major antioxidant and healing agent;
- Vitamin A, a known skin repairer and antioxidant;
- Linoleic acid, which eases muscle aches and joint pain;
- Oleic acid, a proven skin cell regenerator, anti-wrinkle agent;
- Sapogens, proven skin softeners;
- Terpines, known antiseptics.
Emu Oil is an important essential oil. It contains natural anti-inflammatory, healing properties with a wide range of omega oils that are known to facilitate good health.
Emu Oil is considered a complete source of essential fatty acids. Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) are fats that humans cannot manufacture or synthesize. We must obtain them from our diet. Like vitamins and minerals they are essential to the body’s functions. Incredibly, this amazing oil contains omega 3,6,9 essential fatty acids and is a powerful skin moisturizer and possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties.